For more information, visit
Foundation for Women (FFW) is a Bangkok-based women’s organization, established in 1984 to help vulnerable women and women in distress. Its activities include:
• providing education to women in different occupational sectors and producing educational media to promote the rights of women as promulgated in the UN Declaration on Human Rights
• conducting research on relevant issues of concern to women
• Implementing projects for women’s development
• conducting activities of public interest
• collaborating with other philanthropy organizations for public interest
FFW applies human rights principles in the implementation of its programmes and activities.
The aim is to respect, protect and promote the rights of individual women and the girl child based on equal participation and mutual learning. FFW believes that the social position of women will be changed through the combined efforts of women and men, but women will play decisive role in this transformation.
Our programmes focus on elderly women, rural women, young women, migrant women, women and children vulnerable to international trafficking, and victims of domestic and sexual violence.
FFW advocates for the inclusion of gender perspectives among policy makers and organizations working on the elderly. Advocacy efforts are targeted to move towards a society where people of all sexes, gender, age, ethnicity and social status can live together in society equally and with dignity.